West Clermont Area Improvements
This project has improved access and safety for both vehicle and pedestrian traffic in the area around the new West Clermont High School, located on the northwest corner of the Clough Pike and Bach Buxton Road intersection.
- New turn lanes at the school’s four entrances (two on Clough, two on Bach Buxton)
- New signals at two of the school’s new entrances, one on Clough and one on Bach Buxton
- Widening and resurfacing portions of Clough and Bach Buxton
- Turning lane improvements and signal upgrades at the intersections of Clough and Bach Buxton, and Clough and McMann
- New sidewalks on Bach Buxton extending from Valley Wood to the school, from Woodmont to Clough, and from Clough to the school’s entrance
- Drainage improvements
Additional turning lane improvements and signal upgrades were made at Bach Buxton and Shayler as part of a separate project.
Community Benefit: The CCTID worked closely with the West Clermont Local School District and Union Township to support better safety and traffic flow for the approximately 2,400 students attending the newly-constructed West Clermont High School. This project supports increased traffic in the area, and improves safety and access for motorists, bicyclists and pedestrians.